12 Aug The Benefits of Infant Day Care
For some parents, the harsh reality of an economic downturn is that placing their child in day care is a necessity. Whereas before, infant day care may have been a nice break, once or twice a week for a stay-at-home parent, today it is often necessary as some families need to return to work sooner than anticipated.
The Benefits of Infant Day Care
As one of Ontario’s premier infant day care providers, we have a responsibility to support parents and help them to understand that while child care may not be a preferred solution, it is one that can be beneficial for child and parent. Yes, it is difficult relinquishing care for your child to a stranger for the day, but that does not lessen your own abilities as a parent. It does not mean you have failed your child in any way. This is a lesson that staff at our three locations in Richmond Hill, Mississauga, and Vaughan try and stress to every parent we meet.
So, as you begin researching infant day care providers, we encourage you to be aware of the many benefits of such an arrangement, including:
- Potential financial stability. If a parent has an opportunity to return to the work force, placing a child in day care may give them a chance to advance in their career, or continue their education and training to enhance their work performance.
- Local, provincial, and federal laws ensure every licensed infant day care center is a safe environment where staff members have received specific training to perform at the best of their abilities. While choosing a neighborhood babysitter may seem advantageous, is that person trained in CPR and other medical or emergency techniques? Is the home secure? Is the environment clean and sanitary?
- Educational opportunities. Every child develops at his or her own pace, and infant child care centers have staff onsite who are experts in every phase of infant development. At Lullaboo, we have numerous programs available to engage your infant and open a world of learning and development opportunities that may otherwise not be available in other child care arrangements. We offer a variety of age-appropriate toys and experiences for your child to explore and grow in a nurturing and stimulating environment.
- Becoming comfortable around strangers. In most cases, a babysitter cares for one child at a time, but when your infant is in our care, he or she has the opportunity to develop an understanding and comfort level around people and environments they would not be exposed to in a private home. Your infant will develop a greater tolerance for strangers and experience less stress in unfamiliar situations as a result. They will also have the opportunity to interact in large and small-group settings with their peers, which is crucial to each child’s social development.
- Another benefit of day care is developing routines, which are key to supporting your infant in certain situations. At Lullaboo, we will help establish regular eating and nap times for your infant, which can be followed at home on off days. By following a consistent classroom routine, infants demonstrate less stress and anxiety during transitions between activities.
One of the biggest advantages of infant day care is providing parents and caregivers with options they may not otherwise have. For more information, call us today at (877) LULLAB00 (585-5220).